cutest blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Organization anyone??





We've been told we do not have stick strictly to the reading program - HALLELUJAH!  I absolutely love teaching standards and reading skills rather than a story a week.  However, I am struggling with all of our basal resources while teaching standards to mastery. We have some great leveled readers. I just don't know how to organize & utilize all of the resources!  


To start with - I think I'm going to take all of my leveled readers and sort them first by levels and then by skill taught.  So...I talked my hubby into stopping by Big Lots after church. It was organizing HEAVEN!!!  Colors, colors, colors!  IF you're looking for baskets, rolling drawers,etc...try big lots!!

How do you sort yours?? How do you use all of the county given resources?  Leave a comment and let me know.  I need all the help I can get & I'm sure others will love the help as well!


Thanks!!
Marcie

2 comments:

  1. I have mine sorted in baskets. I generally have them grouped by a range in levels. For example, 1-3, 4-6, 8-10, 12-14, 16-20, 20+. We also have baskets that came with our reading series that has them grouped by below level, on level, above level, and vocabulary. The guided reading books I check out from our library are kept in that section of the shelf as the guided reading books I have in my room.

    I hope this makes sense. It works for me and we have a TON of books!

    I just found your blog and am your newest follower! I love the owls!

    I would love for you to come visit me! I have TONS and TONS of *freebies*!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, thanks! I looked at your blog - it's great! Thank you for sharing it with me! You have so much info on there. I could spend all day reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete