cutest blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spooky Halloween Reading Anyone?

At my school we are encouraged to participate in a number of service projects.  One of our classroom projects is to donate books to children who do not have them.  My students were shocked to find out that not everyone has an endless supply of books!  I think it was a wake-up call to them.  Since then we have diligently been working on providing books for others.  One of the EASIEST ways we found to do this is to simply read.  That’s right, READ!  If you have not discovered the website We Give Books , you are missing out!  It is especially fun if you have a Promethean board or SMART board.  It’s very easy to use.  We use it as a fluency station and my students love it.

My favorite part, aside from helping others become readers, is I can create my own library!!  We are focusing on non-fiction this nine weeks.  I went to We Give Books  and built a nonfiction library for my students to read.  It’s that easy!

My students are going to be THRILLED tomorrow.  The site is now featuring Halloween reads.  I’m sure I’ll hear lots of “Eeewwwws”!

Happy Reading!

Halloween Books

No comments:

Post a Comment